1. How will we know if when, where and even if specific artists will be signing autographs and selling merchandise?
It is totally up to the discretion of performers and artists if they will be available for public meetings and signings. The performers are under no obligation to participate in these types of activities. Historically most Unity artists do meet with the public in the merchandise tent after their time on stage. Because we have no idea if artists will or will not participate, there will be no advance announcement. If you are interested in meeting with a specific artist, go to the main merchandise tent after they have completed their time on stage and check with merchandise volunteers.
2. Are coolers allowed at Unity?
Due to changes in security and insurance rules, coolers are not allowed inside the festival grounds. Bags are subject to inspection at any time. Even though coolers are not allowed, we hope it will not cause a major inconvenience. Our family friendly prices are a crowd pleaser and much easier than lugging your cooler around anyway.
3. How do I contact “Alive on the Lakeshore” Board members or Unity organizing committee members?
The best way to reach us is by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can reach us by calling 231-773-3361, Monday through Friday from 9 am til 5 pm.
4. How does my band apply to play at Unity?
Each year we host a talent search competition for new bands. Detail are typically posted on the website in late Fall or early Winter. Please check back at www.unitymusicfestival.com for details on how and where to apply. Due to volume, the festival is not able to respond to emails, packages or links that are sent to us directly during the year.
5. Is there handicap seating and parking available at Unity?
We have developed a special Unity Festival Handicap Parking and Access policy to help communicate our commitment to serving the special needs of Unity guests.
6. What time do the gates open / when will I be able to get into the festival?
Wednesday gates open at 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday gates open at 1:00 p.m.
7. How do I know who is performing at Unity this year? I read listings on the iTickets.com website and on apps like Bands In Town … are those “official”?
The information on the Bands In Town app and on iTickets.com and other third-party websites are sometimes out-of-date and even completely erroneous. For up-to-date information on who is performing at the festival, please check out our event schedule pages
8. Are cameras allowed at Unity?
Our agreements with the artists and their management restricts the types of allowed cameras on the grounds. Only small, snapshot type cameras are allowed on the grounds. Any commercial cameras or cameras with interchangeable lenses will not be allowed on the festival grounds.
Legitimate media representatives or commercial photographers must apply and obtain credentials BEFORE the event by contacting the media and marketing coordinator.
9. What is the Unity Christian Music Festival?
The Unity Christian Music Festival is a three day festival, focused on the best in Christian music, but also including great food, fellowship and family fun! In addition to our three full days, Unity also includes a full night of totally free concerts during our Day Zero pre-event the Wednesday before the festival.
10. Why was the Unity Festival started?
The festival was started to bring Christians together for public praise, worship and fellowship; to provide a wholesome, family valued entertainment alternative and to raise funds and recruit volunteers for area Christian ministries.
11. Who puts the Unity Festival together?
The Festival is presented by Alive on the Lakeshore, a group of local Christians who want to present wholesome, Christ centered, family valued entertainment options in West Michigan.
12. Will there be seats or chairs? Or do we need to bring our own blankets and chairs?
There are no chairs or seats provided in the main concert stage areas – However, you are free to bring your own lawn chairs or blankets to sit on during the events! Effective 2013: Tarps are no longer allowed on concert grounds.
13. Is there camping at Unity Christian Music Festival?
There is no on site camping space available but there are multiple options in Muskegon and surrounding area for camping. For more options visit our lodging/ camping page.
13. Are pets allowed at Unity Christian Music Festival?
No pets are allowed at Heritage Landing (the home of Unity Christian Music Festival).
15. No weapons are allowed on the Unity Grounds